Mould and Paint Garden Kit

I think it was about a month ago when my children attended a birthday party at the mall. Afterward, we dropped by Toy Kingdom. We often tell our children that they can just look around. Did I just say look?

Most often they do just look around. But my little girls saw this Mould and Paint kit and they said that they wanted to buy it. Since they still have some of their Christmas money gift, I let them buy it. Besides, the item was something they could do and learn something from. Plus, they get to develop their art and craft skills.


So here in this post, I would like to share what came out of this project.

Mould and Paint Garden Kit
Mould and Paint Garden Kit

I had to do the moulding part though I think next time my eldest daughter can do it. The kit contained plaster of Paris (looks like white flour) and a plastic mold. The instruction said I had to add some water to the plaster of Paris and mix it. Then after it is well-blended, the mixture is poured onto the plastic mold.


Plaster of Paris and Water
Plaster of Paris and Water

Mixture of Plaster of Paris and Water
Mixture of Plaster of Paris and Water

Be sure to gently tap the plastic mold to remove air bubbles. Then let it dry for about 30 minutes. Plaster of Paris sets quickly so one has to move fast also. It actually took less than 30 minutes to dry them and we were able to remove them from the plastic mold.


Plaster of Paris Poured into Plastic Mould
Plaster of Paris Poured into Plastic Mould
Moulded Plaster of Paris
Moulded Plaster of Paris shaped as flowers, butterflies, bird, beetle

Now comes the part where my kids enjoyed themselves – painting. The kit also came with some paint and a brush. Since the paint consisted only of primary colors, we had to mix some of them. You’ve got to know your secondary and tertiary color wheel to know what to mix to get a particular color, but don’t worry, there was a guide printed on the instructions.


My 3 girls each had 2 designs to paint. The designs included a bird, 2 flowers, 2 butterflies and a beetle. They actually copied the color of the objects on the box. Maybe next time they can choose their own color. Look at how pretty the resulting projects are.

Painting the Butterfly Mould
Painting the Butterfly Mould
Painted Moulds
Painted Moulds - all designs

By the way, this kit also had magnetic strips included. We glued them to the back of the plastic molds and so the items became refrigerator magnets. There was also optional pins that can be attached at the back. I was so glad about the pretty project and these served as the presents of my 2 girls to their teacher last Teacher’s Day, February 14.

I think I would like to buy the other kits of this Mould and Paint so we could have other designs of plastic molds. The plaster of Paris can be bought from the Hardware store so they could make more. I suggested to my daughter that we make many of these this summer and perhaps sell them. We’ll see…


What do you think about this art project?

Post a Comment

32 Comments

Jellybelly said…
Got that for my little girl too. She loves arty toys. When we go to Toy Kingdom, it’s also to play not buy anything. She plays with everything on display then we go home
Chin chin said…
Glad to know your little girl like arts too. My kids also play a bit in Toy Kingdom.
Lady Anne said…
How much does a kit costs? This is a great gift for little girls.
Chin chin said…
I think this one costs P250. Each piece would cost about P21.
Jemm said…
This looks like a lot of fun. I’d actually enjoy doing it myself. :))
Chin chin said…
Yes, great for stress relief too.
Anne Lei said…
i remember doing this when I was in HS. We placed our pictures on the plaster of the paris. I did enjoyed this activity.
Chin chin said…
I think I have to research how to do that.
Meikah Ybañez-Delid said…
Oh, thanks for sharing this. This will come handy when I need to create some DIY party giveaways.
Chin chin said…
That is a great idea .. for party giveaways.
RonLeyba said…
It turns out nice indeed. Great buy not only for the kids, but for you as their parent as well.
Chin chin said…
You’re right, Ron. I also enjoyed helping them with this one.
Louise Antonette|Mommy Practicality said…
This is a great way for kids to enjoy art! And a great idea for a party giveaway too!
Chin chin said…
You’re the second person that said that. Speaking of party, it may even be one of the activity in the party, painting this art…
Tyna said…
this is the type of art project that my daughter would love to have ANYTIME.
Chin chin said…
Totally agree with you, tina. Thanks for the visit.
Krizza said…
That’s a good art project Chin! My kids used to do similar project before. That would be a perfect summer activity for the kids.
Chin chin said…
I agree. They will have plenty of time once the summer vacation begins.
January/JanzCrystalz said…
nice crafts. I can’t get this one for my son pa, he’s too young for this.
Chin chin said…
At least when he’s 4 years old.
Allan said…
Looks fun and easy to do. I love doing crafts too.
Chin chin said…
We indeed had fun doing this.
Mommy Maye said…
I love it! Pwede syang pang-souvenirs no. Sana meron din another moulds like cars. My son will turn three soon and I am thinking Cars as the theme.
Mommy Maye2
Chin chin said…
I think there’s one for sea world and another for mermaids. Maybe you can cars in some other store.
Marie said…
My little one would love doing this! Do they come in Spiderman design lol (he loves spiderman kasi )
Chin chin said…
I didn’t see any spiderman design in Toy Kingdom but maybe online you can find something.
ElizOF/ Positive Kismet said…
What a great way to share fun projects with the kids. I like the kit idea. BTW, I’m curious why you don’t allow blog addresses from fellow bloggers? How would you reciprocate to new visitors?
Have a great week!
Chin chin said…
Actually, it’s only now that I noticed that. I thought I had the commentluv plugin active. I am still figuring out how to make adjustments. Thanks for dropping by ElizOF
chan said…
cute stuff! It looks so easy to make but I guess mahirap para sa mga kulang ang patience?
Chin chin said…
Trust me, it’s really easy. Just a bit of patience is needed. Nahirapan lang kami sa pag-mix ng paint colors so we opted to use what we have na hindi kailangan timplahin.
Kat said…
This is cool. I’d love to try my hand on this one.
Chin chin said…
It’s really nice to do, serves as stress relief therapy as well.