What does Christmas mean to you?

Hello! It's almost Christmas and I don't want to let the day pass without greeting you all,

a Merry Christmas!

I'm sure we don't think about the holidays in the same way. I, myself, have changed a lot in my view of Christmas since my childhood. Most young children think of Christmas as a time of presents, candies and good food. I did.





As a grown-up, I like how children's faces light up and see the smile on their faces when we give them presents even if it's just a P20 bill. It's one of the reasons why I've remained a Sunday School teacher in the kids' ministry for more than half of my life now. Of course, I am totally awed and really happy when I see them all grown up and they continue in their faith in Jesus

I also think of Christmas as a great family bonding time. Some families take the opportunity to go on a vacation (even out of the country) to relax and bond with each other. Some families (most Catholics) go to "Simbang Gabi" together before having the Christmas Eve dinner.

As born again Christians, we usually don't have a worship service on the 24th or 25th of December unless it falls on a Sunday. So, most of the time, we just stay together as a family and do some sharing of the word, pray and eat together. We also give gifts to each other and play games if everybody is up to it. We don't usually stay late until 12 midnight as many families are doing. What's important to us is being together whatever time it is.

Most importantly, Christmas is about remembering why there is a Christmas. It's about being reminded that it is the birthday of Jesus (though I believe He was not really born on December 25) and why He needed to come to earth.

Most of the traditional Christmas carols tell us about it. Silent night! O holy night! Joy to the world! Hark the herald angels sing!


We all need a Savior because we all have sinned and deserve punishment. But God loved us so much that He gave His Son to take the punishment in our place. As history tells us, Jesus died for our sins that those who believe in Him might live a new life.

I believe in Jesus. My family believes in Jesus and we are very grateful for all He has gifted us. He gave us His love. He saved us from sin. He brought us joy and peace. He gives us good health. He gives us blessings day after day. I hope that you also receive and enjoy the great gifts of Jesus for you.

Lastly, let us not forget to love God. We love God because He first loved us. It's the reason why we serve Him. It's the reason why we serve and help others.



So, what does Christmas mean to you? Are you excited about giving gifts to children and loved ones? Are you busy preparing great-tasting food for family and friends? Are you still waiting for a certain "Santa Claus" to give you gifts? Or you're the one who's giving back?

There are so many different expectations and they all mean so much to us. But don't forget to take the time to reflect on what Christmas really means. Help instill in your children a deeper meaning of Christmas and not just focus on receiving gifts. Go back to the root of Christmas!

I know to still have lots of things to do. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

May you enjoy a Meaningful Christmas and Have a Joyful Time with Family and Friends!

By the way, check out Good Eats and Giving Back. It's a free printable of holiday recipes and ideas for giving back.

Post a Comment

0 Comments