Visit to Bacolod and the Ruins

In my post about our visit to Bacolod when my brother got married, I mentioned that I will further share about our stay in Nature’s Village Resort and some other places in Bacolod.

Relaxing at the Nature’s Village Resort Swimming Pool

After the wedding reception, the girls immediately asked to go for a swim in the resort’s swimming pool. There were two pools, but the girls stayed in the pool for kids. They enjoyed their time swimming together with some other kids.


I did not go swimming, but I did enjoy the cool breeze while I watched the girls. My husband joined me in waiting and we just sat there on a bench near the pool.



Before I talk about the other places we went to while staying in Bacolod, let me just share with you some pictures I took in Nature’s Village Resort. The first set of pictures is about the nice decors I see all around. The resort owners chose to use many recycled products for their decorations. The Christmas tree used dry palm barks/branches and the chandeliers, flower vases and wall decors reused old wine bottles. These are great recycling ideas to copy.

decors made from recyclable materials

This second set of pictures is about the fresh herbs I saw planted within the vicinity. This tells me that they are using these fresh ingredients for the foods they serve.

herbs

After the girls’ dip in the pool, the newly weds invited us to go to the nearby Ayala Mall for dinner. Since the mall is nearby, we decided to just take a walk to the mall. It took us about 15 minutes to reach the mall. We ate at a boodle fight restaurant but I don’t remember the name. After dinner, we decided to stay a while in the mall. Daddy watched over the two girls who played in the inflated balloon house, while I and Kristel went window shopping. At about 9 pm, we decided to walk back to the resort to retire for the night.

Visit to The Ruins

The following day, after eating breakfast, we went to a famous tourist destination in Talisay City, Bacolod – The Ruins. It was just a few minutes ride from Nature’s Village Resort.

The Ruins, Talisay City

The so-called The Ruins refers to a two-storey mansion that was built in the early 1900s by Don Mariano Ledesma Lacson, a sugar baron. It’s the biggest residential structure at the time, but in the early stage of WWII, the guerilla fighters burned down the mansion to prevent the Japanese from using it as their headquarters.

What remains to this day is a beautiful architecture that is reminiscent of the time it was built. It serves as a tourist spot and a place for hosting special events like weddings and family parties. I remember that my brother and his wife had their pre-nuptial photo shoot in this place.

Here are some photos at The Ruins. (I lost my photos so I borrowed my sister's photos)

The Ruins, Talisay City photos


After that short visit to The Ruins, my brother gave us a quick tour of Bacolod City. We also dropped by Bongbong’s shop to buy Piaya and all sorts of native delicacies as pasalubong. Then, we head back to the resort, ate lunch and then off we went to the airport for our flight back to Manila.

It was a very short vacation and I hope to visit Bacolod again someday.

Have you been to Bacolod? What do you think about the Ruins?

Post a Comment

0 Comments