Visit to Splash Island Biñan, Laguna for Semestral Break Fun

I mentioned in a past post about supermoms that I will be talking about our visit to Splash Island, Laguna during the last semestral break.  I didn’t have the chance to write this post immediately, but I’m writing it now even if it’s quite late.


Why did we choose Splash Island?

First of all, my kids like swimming and I wanted to treat them to some fun activity during the semestral break.  Second, we want to go somewhere we have never been to before. Third, we have saved enough money for recreation since we started doing so in January. How much? Well, we saved P20 per day, so you can make a smart guess how much.

Lastly, we got the Splash Island tickets at a discounted price. It was at least P50-80 cheaper than if you would buy it from the Splash Island ticket booth. I got them from Ensogo. Ensogo is a site offering time-sensitive discount coupons to various products and services, travel packages and food treats. If you wish to get updates on their deals and offers, you can subscribe to their updates for free. It’s a good way to save money on some things you would like to buy or try out anyway.

Splash Island Map
Splash Island Map

Splash Island Review

Usually before buying something, I check out to see if there are reviews posted online. This time I think I was too excited about going to Splash Island that I bought the tickets before actually reading any review.  Then, when I read some Splash Island reviews, I was a bit disappointed because they were not all that good. But, since we already have the tickets, and the kids were already excited about it, I kept up my hope.

After having gone to Splash Island with my family plus my in-law’s family, here’s my review.

Overall, we had fun especially the kids and their cousins. When we arrived at the place, there weren’t that many people, perhaps it’s because it is the sem break and many people went home to their provinces. That is actually good for us because one review I read said that they did not enjoy themselves at Splash Island because of the long queues.

Pools and Slides

There were a number of pools and slides to enjoy. My kids like the kiddie pool with mini slide and fountains. It was only about 2 feet deep.

Splash Island Kiddoe Pool
Splash Island Kiddie Pool

We also like the wave pool. As my daughter said, it was like enjoying the waves in a beach and it was like surfing.

Splash Island Wave Pool
Splash Island Wave Pool

My tweens and teen kids together with their cousins enjoyed the adventure of trying out all the giant and swirling slides. As I mentioned above, it was good that there were not that many people because my kids had enjoyed doing the slides over and over again without waiting too long.

Some of the slides were not accessible all the time. There is a schedule being followed that is posted in a designated place in the resort. Here are some photos of the teens and kids having fun with the different slides.

Splash Island Fun and Adventure
Splash Island Fun and Adventure

Food and Cottage

Bringing food into the resort is not allowed, so you either buy from the food court inside or you go out to the parking lot and eat the food that you brought along. As for us, we brought food and ate in the parking lot. There are others we saw who had a picnic under the shade of a nearby tree.

There are tables and chairs under tents that people can use for free. But if you wish to have a little privacy,  regular nipa huts are rented for P1,000 and air-conditioned nipa huts are rented for P1.500 or P2,000. We chose the regular nipa hut since everyone do not really stay long at the nipa hut but roam around the different slides.

There are lockers for rent, too. But we did not avail anymore. We just made sure that 1 or 2 persons will be staying at the nipa hut while the others have fun.


First aid

It’s unfortunate that my daughter had an accident. Her cousin bumped into her and she fell, leaving her with wounds on her left knee and elbow. It’s a good thing that the resort offers first aid assistance. The nurse cleaned her wound and put betadine and antibiotic ointment.

So, are we going back again?

Well, my children want to go back again to Splash Island given the chance. Perhaps, we could go there again when there’s a promo price and at a time when the place is not so crowded. In case you need more info about Splash Island, you can visit their website.

Post a Comment

0 Comments