Going Through Tough Times and 5 Inspirational Quotes To Live By

Going Through Tough Times ...

I can say that that is what's happening to us in the past 1-2 months. Last August, we were shocked by flooding inside our house. Then, after that my mom was confined in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. She had a series of complicated health problems. She had a very high (triple the normal) level of creatinine (kidney problem), then, she got pneumonia. To top it all, she has a history of heart problem (clot in the artery) so all medicines are strictly regulated. One medicine may cure one problem and be harmful to the others. She can't sleep lying down and she's almost debilitated.

I had to juggle my time between taking care of my family and going to and from the hospital to visit her and pitch in taking care of her. There were nights that I had to sleep there together with my bunso (youngest daughter). It was difficult and one of the reasons why I've not been blogging or blog hopping.

Thanks be to God because my mom got out of the hospital about a week ago just in time for celebrating her 70th birthday. But she's still not yet fully recovered so please include her in your prayers. Please include also my dad in your prayers who's been patiently taking care of her.

Anyway, everyone goes through tough times in life at one time or another. I personally find strength from the encouragement of family and friends. Thanks so much to everyone who visited, prayed and shared their resources for my mother.

5 Inspirational Quotes To Live By
There are also inspiring quotes which I like to meditate on for strength and faith when I'm going through  tough times like now. Most of these reflect what God says in His Word.

God is too wise to be mistaken
God is too good to be unkind
If you don't understand
If you can't see His plans
If you can't reach His hands
Trust His heart


God will not lead you where His grace can't keep you.


There is a season and a reason for everything.


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. ~ Romans 8:28

BC_BLOGGERSThanks to Rochelle for hosting the BC Bloggers Meme for this week with the topic Inspirational Quotes You Live By.

What perfect timing! During these times of trials, we need a few or a lot of dose of inspirational thoughts. Visit her blog to see the links to more blog posts of inspirational quotes.


Before ending this post, let me also embed this song by Don Moen to remind us to thank God in all circumstances.



Post a Comment

15 Comments

Anonymous said…
"There is a season and a reason for everything. " So, we all just need to work this out in our favor. Cuz sometimes too much waiting yields nothing.
Aileen said…
I love all your quotes! And Philippians is that book in the Bible that I have read many times over. Very inspiring naman kasi, specially in knowing the circumstances surrounding the writer of that particular book.

Glad that things are turning out well now for you. :-)
Sarah Bucu said…
Hello Chin Chin ! Glad to hear your mom is now out of the hospital and hope for her fast recovery.

Blessings!
January Zelene said…
so true.. there is a reason for everything..:)

Hope you can check out my share here.
Rochelle O. said…
Love all of the quotes! most specially Philippians 4:13 :) The video was relaxing and very inspiring too :) thanks for sharing!
Farida said…
All quotes are beautiful! Most of these are my personal favorites too. Have a great week ahead! :)
my lola, nanay and nephew was admitted to the hospital as well, good thing they are all better although lola is not yet fully recover, well she is 82 years old so no wonder..visiting from ComEx Sept 25
jellybelly said…
Thank you for these quotes. I do prefer inspirational quotes based on the Bible. Visiting from BC Bloggers!
indeed there's a reason for everything! praying for strength for your family!
Jhari said…
These quotes are truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing it with us. I didn't join this meme this week, I have limited time infront of the laptop kasi :(

Visiting from CommEx Sept25
Marie said…
Those are really inspirational. I am going through some tough times myself, but God has never left my side. Marie here from Baguio visiting from BC Bloggers (Just followed you, too :) )
Unknown said…
Inspirational quotes for everyone. If we seem that life is wearing us down, the best thing we could do is trust in the Lord. As Proverbs 3:5 says, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.:)
Mommy Maye said…
Nice quotes is. God is always good. Stay positive.
Chin chin said…
Thanks for reading and I hope you all stay inspired and positive too.
Khim said…
Almost all your quotes are about GOD. It's nice you have a strong faith and belief in HIM. :)

Stay positive. As what you wrote above, there is a reason for everything. Don't worry God has made beautiful and exciting plans for you just like any of us.