Thoughts on Becoming a Nurse

I've mentioned in a post last August that we may need to prepare to go home to the Philippines by December 7th. However, my husband was given about a two-months extension in his current work, so we had the pleasure of enjoying the holidays here. Not that there was such a celebration here but it is just good to be with the company of friends who had been with us for the past 5 years or so.

I just talked to my mom on the phone and she's encouraging us to try to apply as immigrants in the US or Canada. I'm not sure how viable that option is for us. Maybe if I were a nurse by profession, I would strongly consider going to the US. I read from TravelNursing.org that travel nurses are very much in demand. If I can have a job as a travel nurse in any state, as they say that this opportunity is available everywhere in the US, then that is quite reassuring that wherever we go as immigrants in the US, I can have a source of income. Well, that is IF I am a qualified nurse.

We have a friend who went to the US as an immigrant some 8 or 9 years ago. She was not a nurse but because of the greater opportunity for nurses there, she studied nursing. Now, she's part of the RN population in the US. So, why am I saying this? That's just a thought. Just wondering whether I can do the same. But then again, maybe not.


Post a Comment

4 Comments

may God lead you in the right direction chin. i know a couple of people here who takes up nursing too so that they can work as nurses someday.

happy new year to you and your family!
Unknown said…
that 2 months extension is a good news...more time nga to prepare!
Chin chin said…
@Sheryl, we're still waiting for God's answer on my husband's work application. Happy new year to you, too.

@Reese, the extension was really a blessing from God.
Anonymous said…
Thanks so much for stopping by <a href="http://www.thejobofmommy.com>The Job of Mommy</a>, returning the follow love on GFC ♥