How to Do Face Painting - Hulk and Pirate

Yesterday, my sons had their Halloween party in school. They went as a pirate and as the Incredible Hulk.

I am not really a professional face painter. So, what I just do is look for face painted images online and try to imitate them.

For face painting the simple pirate look,


  • I put the scar on the lower left cheek.
  • I put a thick eyebrow over the right eye.
  • Lastly, I added the mustache (You could add a beard too).
Then, I just looked for a big handkerchief and tied it over his head. He wore a white tops/satin polo and satin (gold, any color would do) pants then I tied a sash around the waist.


For face painting the hulk look,

  • I put green face paint on the left side of the face. (It was actually much easier to put green eye shadow all over the face than using the face paint)
  • I drew a dividing stitch on the center of the face.
  • I drew the mouth with big white teeth.
  • I put thick eye brows over the left eye. Then added some black lines. 
  • (Initially, I was going to leave the other half of the face unpainted to emphasize that the Hulk has two identities but then I also put light green face paint on the other half.)
  • I also put some green paint on the neck and hands.

For the costume,
I looked for green long sleeves. Then, I looked for an old shirt and cut off triangles on the sleeves and the bottom of the shirt. He also wore green (should have been purple) 3/4 pants. I didn't put tears on the pants, (sayang kasi) it's still brand new.


Here are some other face paints I took pictures of during the Halloween party in my kids school.



Post a Comment

2 Comments

yuuki said…
the end result was pretty good, maybe next year u'll be more experienced.