My Most Memorable Blogging Experience

"What is my most memorable blogging experience?"  Hmmm.  That is a little tough to answer.  I've been blogging for about 3 years now and I have 3 blogs which I regularly update.   So, I'll just limit the answer to what I experienced with this blog.

I really get excited when I see visitors coming to this blog and leaving their comments, so allow me to list 2 instances that made my blogging memorable so far this past year.

My number one memorable blogging experience is when I joined the BC Bloggers' Party. The BC Bloggers' Party was a get-to-know party organized by Mommy Paula among BC Bloggers members.  We were asked to write a post telling a little something about ourselves. It was a really great idea that I joined that one because I met many bloggers during the blog hopping and I learned a lot from them.  It introduced Stay at Home Blessings to other bloggers as well.  That blog post harvested the most comments in my entire list of blog posts.  It taught me the importance of socializing to blogging.

There were other special instances when I see visitors coming to this blog.  One that is memorable to me also is when I joined Just Another Pixel's Make a Wish Blog Contest where I won one of the prizes.  The blog post A Mother's Wish which I wrote for that contest still gets some visitors dropping by.


On top of that, I remember that my blog was unranked by Google before joining that contest (It used to be PR2).  After the contest, which coincided with Google updating page ranks, I was so happy to discover that my blog is now PR3.  It must be because I got one-month advertising spaces on 4 blogs including in Just Another Pixel's blog which is PR4.  Wow! It taught me that you can build quality backlinks when joining contests. Backlinks help in the search engine optimization of your blog.  For this reason, I occasionally join contests aside from the motivation that the handsome prize brings.

I hope this post of some of my memorable experiences as a blogger did not just tell you something about myself, but also taught you some lessons to learn about blogging.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

blankPixels said…
Thanks for the mention, sis! And, yes, I agree, one way to get backlinks is joining contests. One reason I'm maintaining my PR4 is because I got link love from Yugatech when I won in 2 of his giveaways. :)

Good luck to you! :)
Chin chin said…
Thanks for seconding the idea in this post blankPixels.