Blog Hop: Show Off Your Art 9/14/2009






This week's Blog Hop theme is "SHOW OFF YOUR ART". This theme was suggested by a blog hop fan this week. Many of you are artists, wanna be artists or have kids who love art. This blog hop is your chance to show off your art. Don't be bashful or shy, you don't have to be a professional, it's not a contest. Drawing, painting, scrapbooking, crafts or just one of your kid's masterpieces... let's all enjoy it! NOTE: if you don't have a scanner, just take a photo and put it online.

I would like to share some of my son's drawings using the Paint software. My son drew these when he was 7 years old as a practice assignment for their Computer class. I was surprised that he can "paint".

My son's drawings may not be perfect but for me they are wonderful works of art. I support my son 100% in his efforts at drawing. God would want us to nurture our children's talents. Who knows, some day his art talents would be used by God for a special purpose.
Show me a person who doesn't know his talents or hasn't developed them for service to others, and I will show you a person who has little sense of purpose, meaning, motivation and value. Tom Paterson

MckLinky Blog Hop

Post a Comment

5 Comments

Quilt Works said…
I am here from a Blog Hop! This was a great theame!

Great colors!
Oh! wonderful, wonderful color and I am very impressed that he did this on the computer! (I am still a bit of a "chicken" when it comes to computers!!!)

Great job!

Blessings & Aloha!

(thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!
I also took a peek at your praise blog :o)

Your children are so cute and are definitely blessings :o)
Sarah said…
I came from the blog hop - thanks for visiting my blog. :)

What a creative approach to the theme. Your son did an impressive job using the Paint program. I find that to be a challenging program to mention -- let alone the fact that they were created by a 7 year old! He did well!

You asked me how I did my scrapbook pages -- and you're right, they're 100% digital. I fell in love with digital scrapping shortly after my daughter was born. I simply didn't have time, energy, money, or house space (let alone desire) to do tradition scrapping. So I bought Photoshop (most of my scrapping friends use Photoshop Elements 7.0) and went at it! My art travels where I do, because it's all on my laptop -- so it's easy to take out and put away.
Very nice! I am no longer 7...um it's been a while actually. LOL! I'll be honest: I can't draw like that. Nice work!
Happy blog hopping! Stop by at my place ;)
Bonnie said…
That is great for drawing on the computer! I am a big fan of encouraging kids in art too. He is doing great!
This was a fun theme!